Welcome to Inspired Online Blog

Here we will share Filoiann's latest articles, posts and interviews. Updates and personal messages. We hope you will sign-up for our newsletter on Filoiann Wiedenhoff.Com and join our free membership.

Watch Filoianns New Show

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Personal Blog

Hello,

I decided that in between my devotionals and counseling helps I will write a personal blog about me and what's the latest. Right now I am focusing on family, supporting my husband with our church and writing. My goal is to finish and publish my lay counseling handbook which is almost finished but I need to edit and polish it and perhaps make more revisions. I've been working on it for almost three years; something I would work on every time I had the chance. Our family and ministry keep us pretty active and I'm thrilled to see our church plant is growing.

What's in the Mind of a Pastor's Wife

Before I became a pastor's wife I used to wonder what went on in the minds of Pastor's wives. I knew that I could never truly understand but wanted the inside scoop of how they felt. So incase you might be wondering, you may not care, but I will share with you a little of what goes on in my mind:


  • I have a strong faith in God's faithfulness because he is faithful inspite of me not because of me.
  • I have a strong purpose to hold up my husband's arms and be his support especially when no one is looking
  • I feel a strong call to my family remembering that my first and foremost ministry is my husband and children.
  • I feel a strong obligation to God to be blameless that no man or woman would stumble because of me.
  • I feel a strong call to rightly divide the Word of God that I would not be ashamed or shame my Jesus.
  • I feel a strong sense of community, that within our church and outside people matter to God and people matter to us.
  • I have a strong focus that in the midst of pressures and other peoples expectations that I have to be myself and focus on Christ and be pleasing to Him.
  • I have a strong call to minister to the orphan, the widow, the poor and the needy because the bible says that this is true religion.
  • I have a strong sense of belonging, that I am not just a pastor's wife but a daughter of the Most High God, who has a Heavenly Father that loves me unconditionally and has forgiven me and gave me a new life as a new creation.
  • I have a strong obligation to share that good news with the world that God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that who should ever believe in him (Jesus) would not perish but have ever lasting life.

These are just some things that I have learned, processed and felt compelled to do and live as a woman married to a pastor and as a child of God.

The most important lesson I have learned as a pastor's wife is that I'm not perfect and that I can't do it on my own I need Jesus. The bible says that apart from Him we can do nothing. In the midst of my imperfections He is perfect and so I look to Him for my strength, protection and my perfection.

I hope this gives you a better idea of what goes on in the mind of pastor's wives and if you attend a church I want to encourage you to hold up your pastors and their wives arms because they need your support and they pray for you daily.

No comments: