Welcome to Inspired Online Blog

Here we will share Filoiann's latest articles, posts and interviews. Updates and personal messages. We hope you will sign-up for our newsletter on Filoiann Wiedenhoff.Com and join our free membership.

Watch Filoianns New Show

Friday, January 22, 2010

Day 12 - A Centurion’s Marvelous Faith

Matthew 8:10-11

“When Jesus heard it, He marveled, and said to those who followed, "Assuredly, I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel! NKJV

Verse in Context:

Matthew 8:8-9 “The centurion answered and said, "Lord, I am not worthy that You should come under my roof. But only speak a word, and my servant will be healed. for I also am a man under authority, having soldiers under me. And I say to this one, 'Go,' and he goes; and to another, 'Come,' and he comes; and to my servant, 'Do this,' and he does it." NKJV

A Centurion was a Roman Captain soldier over one hundred men or more depending on their level; the higher the level the more men under his command. They were men of authority who gave orders rather than receive them. Yet, he approached Jesus not with a power or authority of his own; he came with a humbled heart recognizing Christ as Lord . He acknowledgied his unworthiness of having Jesus step foot in his home. Read more...

No comments: