Welcome to Inspired Online Blog

Here we will share Filoiann's latest articles, posts and interviews. Updates and personal messages. We hope you will sign-up for our newsletter on Filoiann Wiedenhoff.Com and join our free membership.

Watch Filoianns New Show

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day 13 - A Compassion for the Harvest


Matthew 9:37-38

“Then He said to His disciples, "The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest." NKJV

Context:

Matthew 9:35-38 “Then Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people. But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd. Then He said to His disciples, "The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest."

Jesus had been teaching, preaching and healing every sickness and disease and it says here after he looked at the multitude in verse 36, “He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered, like sheep with no shepherd.”

One of the reasons I personally have a heart for the hurting and the lost is because I was one of those sheep. I was utterly lost and felt so alone searching to find substance and purpose for my life. It wasn’t until I asked Christ into my heart that I finally felt the peace I had been longing for - to soothe my empty soul. My testimony is that of the song; Amazing Grace – Amazing grace how sweet the sound who saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now I’m found, once blind but now I see. Read More...

No comments: